Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Battlestar Galatica

Over the past month or so Linzy and I have been enjoying watching Battlestar Galatica quite a bit. I originally selected it from Netflix as a series that I could watch at my own pace as Linzy said she wasn't interested in it. Then after watching the pilot/miniseries she was hooked and we've been working our way through the first season since.

The series is largely standard sci-fi fare, so I haven't quite put my finger on what I like about it so much. It certainly isn't as good and/or funny as Firefly, and features rather typical TV-level special effects, but it does have interesting characters and so far has had entertaining plots.

I'm interested to see if it continues to hold up over the duration of the various seasons and prequel movie. But we've been enjoying it so far.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Steve -

Freddy and I are hard-core fans of Battlestar. We just started watching it at the beginning of the summer. We have seasons 1-4 on DVD and also the Razor movie. Borrow whatever you want.

RR