Thursday, September 25, 2008

Echo Chamber

My friend Shawn has a long history of introspective posts on his blog assessing himself, his work, his family, and how they all intertwine.

Lately he's been particularly loquacious about exactly how he thinks and why he gets as upset about things as he does. That sparked some comments, which triggered further posts, and even more discussion.

I can't relate to his utter disdain for having a job (any job), or the seeming lack of appreciation for the good things he does have. But I do know first hand how hard things are if you have a job you dislike. And if you hate the concept of having a job, that is going to make things tough.

Whether you agree with him or not, reading the series might help you fill up that slow time on a Friday.

A typical post from this year.
Existential Angst
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday
The American Dream
Get Over It

[ Update: I should clarify that I am sincere in feeling that Shawn's posts are interesting and worth reading. Very few people are as open and honest about what they are thinking and how they view their life. ]

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Hey Steve,

Would have dropped a line earlier, but it's been a long weekend that just wrapped up with a visit to urgent care (ear infections).

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent comments (both here and on my blog). THey have been very meaningful to me. It's good to be reminded that there are always different ways to look at things.


Thanks,
SHawn