Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Scream, You Scream

Tonight after dinner Linzy and I were out running some minor errands when we decided to stop by the local Dairy Queen for ice cream cones.

Originally we were going to just hit the drive through, but despite the fact that it was nearly 8pm there were six or seven cars in the line. So instead we went inside to order, only to discover that the place was packed.

And by packed, I mean there were 33 people packed into the place (including Linzy and I). Due to the lateness, the store had closed their lower seating area, but were hurriedly re-opening it to accommodate the unexpected rush of patrons.

We did manage to find a place to sit and enjoy our cones, but it was pretty amazing to see over 30 people at Dairy Queen at 8pm. Especially considering it was 40 degrees out when I woke up this morning. I guess everyone had the same thought "One last ice cream cone before Fall kicks in".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why DQ and not the Dairy Delight in downtown LV?

Steve Eck said...

Well, we happened to be near DQ. And I didn't even know Dairy Delight existed.