Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rock Band: AC/DC

The news today about an AC/DC branded Rock Band standalone game (or retail disc filled with DLC depending on how you look at it) disappoints me. Not so much because it is only going to be available at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, rather then for download like every other new Rock band track released in the past year, I don't really care about that.

Its because I would consider actually buy it, at least for a minute or two.

The pack is ridiculously overpriced, at $40 for a mere 18 songs which have to be bought all or nothing. The going rate is $2 per track purchased individually or a bit less then that when you buy a pack ($20 for 16 Blood Sugar Sex Magic).

But on the other hand the track list includes oodles of (what I imagine) are fun guitar songs. Plus they'd actually be songs where I couldn't possible sound any worse then the real singer.

Hopefully at some point the songs will be available for download bundled in smaller and more reasonably priced collections, or I can pick up the game used, so I can play Moneytalks and not feel guilty about being a sucker.

No comments: