Sunday, September 07, 2008

St. Paul Classic Bike Tour 2008

IMG_0684Today my Dad, Brenden, Allison and I rode in the St. Paul Classic Bike Tour. It was a good time, and a nice way to spend some time with friends.

It was my fourth trip to the bike classic (2005, 2006, 2007) and everyone else's second ride. We rode the 30-mile route as usual, and took a pace that was comfortable for everyone.

The weather was pretty typical of past rides, pretty cold. It wasn't the most miserable weather (that would be 2006) but I was pretty cold (shivering) for nearly all of the ride. That was my own fault for gambling around 7am that the sun would come out and wearing shorts and only one shirt, but it would have been nice to have been a bit warmer.

A week or so ago they sent out an e-mail saying that they were still accepting registrations for the ride. That made me suspicious that they were having trouble drawing the normal level of participants. Whether it was fewer registrations, a better pace then previous years, or just perception the ride didn't feel as crowded as it did last year. That isn't to say it seemed poorly attended, it was just at a pleasant level where there were plenty of people but the route didn't seem like you were always riding in a pack and having to fight through huge lines to get food.

Overall I had a great time, and enjoyed being able to spend time with my friends.

Brenden, Allison and I in the Lake Como bandshell.
IMG_0686

Dad and I
IMG_0687

2 comments:

Robin said...

You all look so super HOT in those bike helmets!

Steve Eck said...

Safety First!