Monday, October 20, 2008

Chicago Trip

IMG_0773This weekend Linzy and I went to Chicago to visit family, especially Sarah and John who were in Chicago for the weekend as well. It was a whirlwind trip.

We drove down on Friday since airline tickets were ridiculously expensive, and went to visit my Grandma on Saturday morning. Then we found out that my cousin's Jon and Nicole had their third child (and Linzy's godchild) overnight Friday-Saturday so stopped by the hospital to see Thomas Pierce, before heading all the way out to Algonquin to my cousin's child's first birthday party. On Sunday Linzy threw a baby shower for my sister at my Aunt's house, so we had round two of family gatherings, before heading back to Minnesota today.

As a longer explanation my previous post, Lake Forest hospital is where my cousin delivered her child. I had never been there before, and it looks more like some sort of crazy ivy league school then a hospital. Both inside as well as out. To give you an idea of the craziness, apparently you can order lobster as your dinner, the rooms are enormous (for hospital rooms) and have built-in oak cabinets, crown molding, etc. It was unlike anything I have ever seen, but fits right in with that area of greater Chicago.

It was nice to see everyone, even if the trip did seem a bit on the hectic side.

No comments: