Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Slight Delay

Today Linzy and I had the time to sit down and watch a Battlestar Galactica episode from Season 2. For quite a while we've been slowly (really slowly) making our way through the second season via Netflix.

Anyways, when I pulled out the disc to play I discovered that it was cracked and unplayable. Which was a bummer because we were looking forward to seeing what happened next. Instead we watched something over the xbox 360 streaming (which would be the greatest thing ever if the selection of instant play titles was a bit better).

Anyways, so later tonight I went to report a problem on the DVD, and felt a little silly because we had the disc for a little while and I hadn't even bothered to check it out until now. When I actually went to report a problem, however, it showed exactly when that disc was sent to us: 10/28/08. Or, dangerously close to two months ago.

Whoops.

Now there are many reasons for this, not the least of which was the fact that I was gone more-or-less the entire month of November. But regardless it has gotten to the point where I don't even pretend to claim that Netflix is somehow saving us money, it's pure convenience at this point.

No comments: