Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All Good Things

While we were running errands tonight, Linzy mentioned that the Dakota County Recycling center is no longer accepting electronics for free.

I guess that it was inevitable, since electronics recycling is normally expensive and the fact that the Dakota County site was free made it hugely popular. Throw in the whole air pollution problem, and I assume they decided that charging a fee would help throttle the influx of broken-down electronic junk.

Still the timing is a bit awkward, since they are charging by the pound and I happen to have the old 100+ pound Trinitron monitor collecting dust in the corner of the office. I had plenty of time to get rid of it, but laziness won out and now that is looking like it will cost me money. Which serves me right, I guess.

No comments: