Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where the Bodies are Buried

IMG_0908The other night after I was done reading my book and had turned off the light to go to bed while I was laying there falling asleep, I suddenly heard this persistent scratching sound along with Pippen's tags jingling incessantly. After this went on-and-on, I finally turned on the light to see what the heck was going on, and was greeted by the sight in the picture.

Pippen had managed to roll her blanket up like a log and move it all the way across the room (once it got log shaped it just kept rolling along). For some reason it struck me as looking exactly like she had wrapped up a dead body and was trying to roll it out of the room.

This seemed hilarious at the time and I woke Linzy up with my laughing about our dog secretly hauling dead bodies out of the room wrapped in her bed blanket. Guess I'll have to make sure not to cross her, lest I end up wrapped in a blanket.

3 comments:

McBrideFarm said...

That is hilarious! It really does look like a little body. Your dog is a member of The Family...

Steve Eck said...

I'm glad you thought it was funny. I was afraid it would be one of those 'had to be there' things.

McBrideFarm said...

Wait until you find her making little paw-sized cement boots....