Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Day in Pictures - 2009

Every February 8th (or Feb 9th one year) since I started the blog I've been posting pictures of my day or evening. Today was a normal quiet Sunday at the Eck household, so I decided to do some dramatic reenactments of parts of the day.

The morning started out with some coffee, breakfast, and reading the Sunday paper.
DSC_3241

Then it was time for exercising and watching The Wire (Season 3), which was cut short when I had to consult with Dad on the phone about his and Mom's laptop purchasing plans.
DSC_3262

After lunch I found some time to play a little Gears of War 2 and get frustrated at trying to shoot missles out of the air with a chain gun turret.
DSC_3276

While Linzy was at the gym, Pippen and I did a little crime fighting.
DSC_3253

Later in the afternoon Linzy and I took advantage of the nice weather and took Pippen for a walk for the second day in a row.
DSC_3265

Then it was time to watch a movie, Eagle Eye, which was just OK.
DSC_3259

Last weekend Linzy made a full turkey breast, which is looking like it will provide at least 13 servings of various meals. Today she made me homemade turkey pot pie, which was awesome.
DSC_3245

Finally, Pippen helped me write this post, to ensure that I didn't try to minimize her contributions to the day.
DSC_3282

5 comments:

Moe said...

Best post ever.

Brenden said...

Wow. Pippen's cape and your mask are awesome.

Well done, sir. I salute you.

(But I don't believe that you worked out in jeans...something is fishy about some of those pictures. Almost as if they were staged...I'll get to the bottom of this someday, somehow.)

Bill Roehl said...

Moe said it all!

McBrideFarm said...

Imagine the chafing if you *did* work out in jeans. Ill advised, for sure.

Also? You should have put on your spandex bodysuit if you really wanted to show off your crime-fighting apparel.

Steve Eck said...

Brenden and Sarah: I'm not sure what you are implying, these pictures show exactly how it happened. Doesn't everyone exercise in jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt?

Moe and Bill, Glad you liked this post!