Monday, March 30, 2009

Verbose: On

Today Tor announced that the last Robert Jordan book will instead be three books (or volumes, whatever):

Tor Books is proud to announce the November 3rd, 2009 on-sale date for The Gathering Storm, Book Twelve of The Wheel of Time and the first of three volumes that will make up A Memory of Light, the stunning conclusion to Robert Jordan’s beloved and bestselling fantasy series. A Memory of Light, partially written by Jordan and completed by Brandon Sanderson, will be released over a two-year period.


I'm torn by this announcement. On one hand, I'm glad that at least something will be released soon (this fall), and Brandon Sanderson as far as I can tell is motivated and putting in serious effort to crank things out as soon as possible. On the other hand, another several years (I would think three or four, even though they say two) before the completion of the series.

I suppose I've waited this long, what's another few years. At least Brandon is actually producing something. As opposed to, Mr. Glacial himself, George R.R. Martin.

No comments: