Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Lot Like Spring

The weather this weekend was perhaps not quite as nice as it has been on individual days this year, but for back-to-back days it was pretty nice out. That made it feel a lot like spring. Unfortunately that nice spring vibe came along with an awful lot of chores like raking the yard and cleaning out the garage. On the other hand, Linzy and I were able to get out and take the dog for some walks, and enjoy the weather.

My original plan was also to get out for a bike ride, but unfortunately the rear tire on my bike suffered some sort of major damage hanging from the ceiling in the garage, because I couldn't even inflate it. It will have to be changed, but that felt like too much work on top of everything else I had already done that day.

We also had a good time with my parents, who came over for Easter brunch. Linzy and Mom made quite a feast and it was fun to catch up with them. Even if my Dad did bring depressing news about the impending Emerald Ash Borer beetle that will likely be threatening the two ash trees in my front yard in the next several years.

All in all it was a good weekend.

No comments: