Sunday, May 03, 2009

Corner Office

For the last month or so my random entertainment on Sunday mornings is to read the Corner Office series on the New York Times website. I've been interested enough to actually sign up for a website account so that I could setup an alert to e-mail me the link to the story each week. Now it appears they have setup a topic for the stories so you can use an RSS feed but originally it wasn't an option.

The Corner Office series is interviews with CEOs about their background, how they hire people, their career histories, how they run meetings, stuff like that. One of the things that I find interesting is how similar some of the answers tend to be, but at the same time the fairly different backgrounds and styles that the CEOs describe.

I have no plans for being a CEO but I'm still somewhat interested to see how senior executives think and operate.

1 comment:

McBrideFarm said...

They have a similar series on Marketplace on NPR--"Conversations from the Corner Office." I just looked at that site to see if the NYT and NPR series were actually connected somehow, but it looks like they're different. Link to Marketplace series.