Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last Minute

Last night we left the window in the bedroom open and so early this morning I woke up really cold. Despite being cold, I wasn't sure if I could reach the blankets that were at the end of the bed, or if they had fallen off the foot of the bed over night. After debating for a second, I determined that I wasn't near cold enough to want to get out of bed and throw a blanket on the bed. But I did see that one of the blankets was still just barely hanging onto the end of the bed.

So I sat up, grabbed the blanket and snuggled back down to go back to sleep. As I turned over to fall back into deep sleep, I glanced at the clock and realized that it was exactly one minute before my alarm was going to go off.

Thus I only got to enjoy my new cocoon of warmth for exactly 10 minutes (one minute, plus snooze). And that was pretty much how my entire day went today.

No comments: