Thursday, May 07, 2009

Manager

I had an eye appointment after work today and so stopped at a local fast food place to get dinner. There I had a very strange conversation with the kid running the cash register:

Him: Hi
Me: Hi
Him: You look like you work at Culver's?
Me: What?
Him: Culver's. You know, your shirt [ A fairly bright blue polo with a thin white stripe around the collar and sleeve bottoms ]
Me: Really? They have blue polo shirts?
Him: Yeah, or maybe they're white. I'm not sure.
Me: Ok
Him: Plus you look like a manager.
Me: What? A Culver's mananger?
Him: No, but you've got dress pants.
Me: What?
Him: Yeah, you look like a manager
Me: Well, good to know if things go badly I can always fall back on managing a Culver's
Him: You don't have a job? Why are you dressed up?

I don't even know where to start.

As far as I can tell, at least by the website, Culver's outfits do not appear to involve any blue polo shirts. I'm also not sure what the deal was with the association of dress pants with managing.

But it did give me something to chuckle about while I was eating my dinner.

2 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

I'm lucky if they think I'm the janitor. Most of them probably believe I'm homeless and looking for a handout :-)

BTW, loving all the recent posts. I missed the daily LOLs.

McBrideFarm said...

Oh my. That is too funny!