Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Movies: Wolverine

Two weekends ago Linzy and I went to go see the new Wolverine movie. I'm a pretty big Wolverine fan and Linzy loves comic book movies, so it was high on our list of things to see right away. Linzy really liked it and I thought it was pretty good.

The movie was about what I was expecting. It was entertaining in an action movie sort of way, certainly not Oscar material but probably not quite as bad as the reviews make it out to be. I enjoyed getting to see backstory on Wolverine, even if it was blatantly inconsistent with the comics (which I did not regularly read when I was younger).

There was plenty of action to keep things moving and lots of special effects. In short it was a pretty enjoyable movie and probably worth seeing on the big screen. Next up is Star Trek, though I am not sure when we will find the time to go see it.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I'm just hoping that X-men: Origins isn't the last time we see Wolverine on the big screen. I think Hugh Jackman can do a better wolverine than that movie let him. Star Trek for us hopefully on Saturday!