Monday, August 10, 2009

Movies: Gran Torino and Push

This weekend I ended up watching two movies. Gran Torino when I exercised on Saturday and Sunday, and Push on Sunday evening with Linzy.

Push was a movie on Linzy's list for Netflix, and turned out to be not quite as bad as I was expecting. It had an interesting style, and a complicated plot line (as you would expect from a movie where multiple characters see the future). So that was good, but it also had a pretty cliche-filled backstory and some pretty bad dialogue. Overall it was OK, I guess. Linzy liked it, right up until the ending.

On the opposite side of things, I thought Gran Torino was really good. I watched half each day, but it was definitely tempting to just watch the second half right away. Even though Clint Eastwood played a particularly unlikable character, I enjoyed the story and the acting. The movie took a while to get going, but it definitely rewarded the patience. Well worth seeing.

No comments: