Sunday, August 09, 2009

Vacant Stare

On Saturday Linzy and I went out to dinner with Paul and Laura, and then went over to Bogarts to see Brat Pack Radio. Brat Pack Radio was what you might expect, an 80s cover band. They were pretty entertaining, and their guitarist was exceptional.

What was noteworthy, however, was their female singer. She had the most disinterested, vacant stare I've ever seen throughout the entire set. There was much debate in our group about whether she was just completely bored, or blasted out of her mind.

It is hard to describe how disinterested she looked doing little hand dances and singing or shouting her parts into the mic. I looked a bit for pictures of them to see if that is what she is always like, but I couldn't find any definitive proof either way.

Anyways, we had a good time going to see them and spending time with Paul and Laura. I'm not a huge 80s music fan, but they still put on a good show.

No comments: