Sunday, September 20, 2009

Biking

So far this summer I hadn't been able to do much biking at all. This spring had relatively uncooperative weather, on top of extreme busyness at work. Then earlier this summer the house and moving preparations were taking most of my time. The end result was that I had only been on serious bike rides a pitiful number of times. But once we got settled at the new house, the nice weather and a little less stress in my life has resulted in pretty consistent two bike ride weekends. Which has been a lot of fun.

I've found some good routes nearby, including a difficult hill route that is continuing to challenge me even after several rides, and a longer (relatively) flatter route that is good for a break from the relentless hills of my training route. My average speeds are still depressing compared to with past years, but I'm having fun with it.

Now if only it would stay light enough in the evenings that I could go after work, but I guess I can't have everything. And sunny beautiful weekends are probably a better trade anyway.

No comments: