Thursday, October 01, 2009

Meet Klaus

For the past three years, I've driven about two miles each way to a bus park and ride and then ridden the bus to downtown. This use of a car always strikes me as sort of silly, but at the same time it is just a little too far to walk, riding a bike has all kinds of complications, and in general it is just far more convenient to drive. Even if it does seem ridiculous.

At my new bus stop, I've been noticing a lady driving what appears to be a Porsche Cayman coming and going at around the same time as me each day. This amazes me for many reasons, and not just because of all the door dings I can imagine on the sides.

It looks sweet and all, but is the right use of your shiny $60,000 sports car really driving two miles and then getting on the bus?

No comments: