Tuesday, October 06, 2009

True Fan

To some extent on my fantasy football teams I try not to have any Vikings players. I've found that it usually ruins watching the game for me, because if the Vikes are doing poorly then so is my fantasy team. Of course this still doesn't protect me from the awkward situation where my opponent has Vikings players and I'm subconsciously rooting against that player even while cheering the team on.

This week my team was leading my opponent by 20 points going into Monday night's game, and I still had Ryan Grant left to play. Unfortunately my opponent had Bernard Berrian, Percy Harvin, Vishante Shiancoe, and the Minnesota defense left to play. Needless to say, I ended up losing by quite a bit.

Clearly my opponent had embraced living and dying by the Vikings. Of course, he was 0-3 at that point in the season, but maybe now things will turn around. At least I've gotten through Adrian Peterson last week, and basically the rest of the team this week, so I should be safe from conflicts of interest for a while.

1 comment:

Bill Roehl said...

My buddy Josh was complaining that he was down by 50 pts going into Monday's game but that he has the entire Vikings defense as part of his fantasy team.

I believe he won by a landslide after Jared's 4.5 sacks.