Monday, November 16, 2009

Movies: 2012

On Friday night Brenden, Paul and I went to go see 2012 on the monster screen at the Burnsville theater. Paul set things up as apparently he is a big end-of-the-world disaster movie fan. I appreciate a good special effects driven film as much as the next guy, so I was up for it.

Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it. The special effects were certainly impressive, and I did get a kick out of Woody Harrelson's, but the film felt way too long. The amount of explosions and buildings collapsing after a while started to lose their impact. Apparently there is a limit to the number of times I will watch people fly a plane and narrowly avoid disaster after disaster.

I did enjoy spending time with my friends, but I after an hour and a half, I really struggled not to keep checking my watch.

1 comment:

Brenden said...

How could you not mention that I was champion of both Indiana Jones pinball and Ms. Pac Man?

Thinking back, there sure were a lot of explosions and building-dodging plan maneuvers. But while it was a little long, I still enjoyed the movie over all. Maybe I just haven't seen enough disaster movies so it was all exciting and new to me.