Monday, November 30, 2009

Movies: Fantastic Mr. Fox

On Saturday after visiting the house, Linzy and I went to go see Fantastic Mr. Fox. The lack of other movie choices, and the insanely high rating on Rotten Tomatoes (92%) swayed me to go see it despite the previews only looking so-so. Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy it.

I didn't hate the movie either, but it didn't really resonate with me. I enjoyed some of the humor, and liked the 'look' of the film with stop-motion puppets, but overall I didn't think it was particularly interesting.

In a lot of ways, it reminded me of some of Wes Anderson's other movies like Life Aquatic, or The Darjeeling Limited which I thought were OK but not as great as many people do. If there had been alternatives, we definitely could have waited for Fantastic Mr. Fox on Netflix.

No comments: