Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Empty

This morning on the way to the bus station I realized that I should probably stop for gas, so I went a little out of my way to a BP station. Only to find out that they had covered up all the regular and premium gas pumps and had only mid-grade available. That seemed a little weird so I decided to go to the station across the street. Which had no gas. None. They had little signs on the pumps that said "We have no gas, sorry".

How poorly do you have to be mismanaged in order to completely and utterly run out of gas as a gas station? They still had lights on in the convenience store section, but if you wanted to be a grocery store, there are probably better ways to go about that then to first buy a gas station and then sell all the gas.

Rather then going back to the mid-grade-only station, I just went back to the bus station. Tonight I ended up buying gas at the formerly mid-grade-only station, which was restocked. The no-gas station on the other hand, was still out of gas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of the 70s when EVERY gas station was out of gas and you sat in a long line waiting for the gas trucks to pull in so you could fill up. It definitely made you plan WAY ahead!
Mom