Monday, February 08, 2010

A Day in Pictures - 2010

Since I started this blog, on February 8th I've posted pictures of my day. There's nothing special about February 8th per-se, but it's become tradition and sometimes even results in an amusing post.

This year we've been so busy I completely forgot about it until I was coming home from a long day at work and noticed the date. Unfortunately to make matters worse we got a bit of snow and so a good portion of my time was eaten up clearing the driveway. So instead of time to spend making masks and capes for Pippen and I, all you get is pictures of what was my evening.

The new house is in on the edge of a development, so there is nothing to stop the wind from building up some good speed and blowing across the yard/driveway. That resulted in huge drifts:
DSC_5020

The biggest drift was right down the middle of the driveway and was about 4 feet tall. There were several other three+ foot drifts.
DSC_5021

I don't think that in all the years that I've owned a house, I've ever had drifts where it was legitimately a problem to throw snow over the piles on the side of the driveway.
DSC_5027

After I was done snowblowing and shoveling, Linzy made a batch of popcorn in the new whirly-pop, and we watched the end of a Criminal Minds episode.
DSC_5029

When that was over, I just barely had enough time to pull the pictures off the camera before my weekly conference calls with India started.
DSC_5031

Unfortunately, that was the extent of my day. Not very exciting, but perhaps next year I will have more time to devote to a detailed post.

No comments: