Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Movies

Over the past month, Linzy and/or I have watched quite a few movies. I suppose it is a combination of the cold weather outside and finding any excuse not to work on unpacking things.

9: I'm not exactly sure how I ended up with this movie on the Netflix queue, as I had never recalled hearing about it. It turned out to be pretty interesting, with a unique animation style, a cool world and story.

Confessions of a Shopoholic: We streamed this movie shortly after moving in, as a break from unpacking and it bored me. Linzy enjoyed it, and I found it amusing at times, but also predictable and slow moving.

(500) Days of Summer: I watched this while exercising, and found it to be pretty boring. I was expecting something humorous, though I am not sure why. It was occasionally funny, but not enough to keep me interested.

Sunshine Cleaning: We watched this with Linzy's parents. I thought it was OK, though no one else seemed to enjoy it.

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist: This movie was another with some funny moments but also another one that bored me. Linzy enjoyed it.

Gamer: This was also a movie for exercising, and it was not slow moving by any means. The story was rudimentary and predictable, and the movie really wasn't very good, but it was good enough to watch while working out.

Pandorum: If you stuck your hand into a bag filled with Sci-Fi cliches, pulled out a dozen or so and then wrote a movie incorporating them all, your chances of writing Pandorum or something similar would be good. It wasn't terrible, of course, because there was a cool ship, the mystery of 'what happened', some fighting, etc. But it wasn't exactly good either.

Zombieland: Already mentioned here. Perfectly suited for watching while working out.

Surrogates: It was puppet master week at the Eck household, with Gamer followed by Surrogates. Surrogates fortunately had a murder-mystery story to keep things more interesting. It wasn't great, but both Linzy and I decided afterwards that it was entertaining.

The Guild Season 1: Very amusing, at least if you can appreciate a good MMORPG reference. Linzy even laughed at some of the jokes. We didn't have a chance to watch season 2, but I am looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Bill Roehl said...

re: Surrogates, thanks. I'll end up grabbing that movie next time at Redbox.

I tend to trust you more than IMDB ratings :)