Monday, April 19, 2010

Ticketmaster = Scumbags

I bought some tickets this weekend for a concert in August and unfortunately that required dealing with the filth that is Ticketmaster. I was fully expecting the ridiculous fees that come with the 'convenience' of purchasing through ticketmaster, but what I wasn't prepared for was the pure evil of their privacy policy.

It declares, among other things, their right to sell all of your information to anyone they so choose, their right to not provide you with a way to opt-out of anything other then their e-mails, and generally their right to do whatever they feel like whenever they choose and you will damn well like it and appreciate their benevolence in deigning to sell you tickets to a concert.

I e-mailed their legal department as specified in the policy and they only redirected me to the e-mail option page, offering no assistance with opting out of any of the other ways they will profiteer from my information.

It better be a damn good concert.

1 comment:

Reuben said...

Ticketmaster is the worst. I can't understand why a better competitor hasn't come along.... It seems like Ticketmaster is hard to avoid, and I don't know ANYONE that has anything positive to say about Ticketmaster.