Monday, May 10, 2010

There Will Be Blood

DSC_5206On Sunday my parents came over to the house to celebrate Linzy and my Mom's birthday as well as Mother's day. They've been out east visiting my sister and brother-in-law and we've been busy, so it had been a while since we got together and caught up.

Among the things we talked about was the stuff that Sarah and I have left in my parent's basement, at this point mostly childhood toys that we don't have a particular need for but don't want to get rid of. And also, the Lego collection.

The Lego collection is not at my parent's house because neither of us really wants it, rather it is there because at this point we haven't come up with a way to equitably split it up.

When we were kids, Sarah and I spent a lot of time playing with Legos and for many years Christmas and birthday presents almost always included Lego sets. As we got older we also started combining our money to buy sets and spent entire summers building and playing with massive Lego towns.

Over the years we built up a huge collection of sets and at this point, no one really remembers exactly which sets where whose. We each remember some key sets but also disagree on many others. Some day I suppose we will have kids that want would want to play with the Legos but currently it is easier to leave them at Mom & Dad's and not have an argument.

Mom, though, seemed to be pushing for some sort of draft system to split them up, so perhaps the tentative peace is going to come to an end. I'd just like to go on record right now and say if Sarah gets first pick and takes MY King's Castle, we may never speak again. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So let it begin :)
Mom

McBrideFarm said...

You can have the Kings Castle if I can have the Monorail. :P

There are an awful lot of Legos down there! We could probably split them pretty easily, but what would be the fun in that?