Thursday, June 10, 2010

Movies

All of the flying around the last three weeks gave me plenty of time to watch TV episodes on my iPod, and Linzy and I watched a few movies as well.

Deja Vu - I can look beyond time travel in a movie, and in this particular case it was at least an interesting premise for how a crime mystery would be solved. I wouldn't have any need to watch it again, but it was moderately entertaining the first time.

Battlestar Galactica Season 4.5 - Finally after close to two years, Linzy and I finally finished watching the Battlestar Galactica series. I had been prepped by just about everyone to expect serious disappointment over the ending, so surprisingly I didn't think it was nearly as bad as everyone was making it out to be. In fact in some ways I liked the tidy wrap-up. I will say that the mutiny episodes from the final season were some of the best.

The Blind Side - What can I say, I'm a sucker for feel-good football movies, I liked it. Linzy did as well. Very entertaining.

Legion - Holy crap was this movie bad. There is no reason to watch it, ever.

Daybreakers - We watched this on the same weekend as Legion, and so perhaps it was just by comparison but I thought this was interesting. It wasn't the best movie, but I liked the look of the film and enjoyed the plot.

House Season 4 - I watched the first three seasons very regularly, but then for some reason got sidetracked with other shows. I forgot how much I enjoy a good House episode. This season was the one where he has a survivor-style competition for the open positions on his staff and I thought that was entertaining. Once they wrapped that up, things got somewhat less interesting but I still watched the whole season in less then a month (on planes and while exercising).

Lost Season 4 - All of the hype for the series finale made me remember that I had stopped watching the show regularly several years ago. I'm only a few episodes into the season but it has been entertaining so far. Linzy hates it.

3 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

Just wait till you get to Seasons 5 and 6... It stops being enjoyable and you start getting really Lost.

Robin said...

"surprisingly I didn't think it was nearly as bad as everyone was making it out to be."

After this statement, I'm not sure I can read your blog anymore. . .

Steve Eck said...

Bill, That's what I've heard, but we'll see. At this point I am still enjoying it.

Robin, Everyone just kept saying how terrible it was, so all I'm saying is that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I'm not trying to claim it was good. :)