Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pastries

I'm in Appleton for the next six days, on a business trip. I'm hopeful this trip will be the one where we turn the corner. While we'll be working all day on Sunday, it looks like Saturday will be mostly free. Which begs the question: what does one do in Appleton for entertainment?

The obvious candidate was originally a tour of Lambeau Field, but then today when we were walking through downtown I saw a sign for a pastry museum. And so the competition for my entertainment dollar was on.

The Internet reports many Harry Houdini-related items, in addition to some place with the world's foremost collection of glass paperweights. Then tonight we were walking around town and stumbled on a concert in the park drawing a good crowd with the Fat Bass.

So from a plethora of options, I'll end up having to choose only a few. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.

No comments: