Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Practical

I am far, far too practical to buy a sports car at this point in my life and possibly ever. These days I won't even buy cars that we would drive every day, let alone something that would sit in our garage 9 months a year.

However, if I did buy a sports car it would definitely be a Porsche. I can appreciate all sorts of sports cars and for a long time I would have bought a Dodge Viper, but these days it would be a Porsche. Tonight I found out that if I was going to buy a $600k Porsche, it would be the 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Hybrid:



The plug-in hybrid combines a V8 power unit delivering more than 500 hp and three electric motors with a combined electric output 160 kW (218 hp), boasting overall output of 718 hp. Fuel efficiency is said to be 78.4 U.S. mpg, making this the fastest and greenest Porsche ever created.

The sprint to 62 mph is said to take just 3.2 seconds, and a top speed of 198 mph is sure to be ample for Autobahn cruising. Porsche says the car will lap the Nurburgring Nordschleife in under 7:30 – besting the Carrera GT.

0-62mph in 3.2 seconds, and 78 mpg? That's both awesome and practical. How can you afford not to buy one?

2 comments:

Brenden said...

How indeed?

Robin said...

yes yes very practical.