Thursday, August 12, 2010

Small Price Difference

I was booking a rather complicated trip today, trying to find flight times on a multi-city trip that worked with a narrow schedule. My first attempt came back at a price that was more then I wanted to spend, and I started to get concerned I wasn't going to be able to find a schedule that worked. On my second attempt, I found another sequence of flights that was identical in every way to the first attempt, except that my last flight would be 40 minutes later. Everything else was the same (same carrier, same airports, same days/times except the last flight, same class of service, etc).

The difference in price: $2000

As much as I prefer to be at home, and minimize my time on business trips, I think I'll let that one go. Yikes.

No comments: