Thursday, September 09, 2010

Movies

Things have been busy over the past month, and as usual when that happens the first thing to go is time to watch movies.

Hot Tub Time Machine - Linzy and I watched this movie together, despite her objections. It actually turned out to be much more amusing then either of us was expecting. Of course, our expectations were low, dead low. So it certainly wasn't the best comedy I've seen but it did have some amusing moments including a bunch with Crispin Glover, and a joke at the end pertaining to Google.

The Wolfman - Low expectations can save a lot of movies, unfortunately this is not really one of them. I guess I was expecting something unwatchable, and it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't particularly good. I spent a good part of the movie thinking about how different the world was before telephones, rapid travel and communications, not worrying about werewolves. That's not a ringing endorsement.

Burn Notice: Season Three - This was my entertainment while exercising for the past few weeks and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The two-part season finale was terrific and I am very sad that I have many, many months before Season 4 is available on DVD.

The Expendables - I saw this with Dan O. when we were in Iowa back in August. I thought it was entertaining, in a pure action movie sort of way. Something like Live Free or Die Hard was more enjoyable as a full movie, but the Expendables was fun if you were looking for things blowing up, cheesy one-liners, and dudes getting beat up. Plus it got the early-teen boy seal of approval.

Lost: Season 4 - I got stalled on my way through this season a few months ago but then picked it up again in the past few weeks when the October 1st date for no more instant streaming starting looming. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of good episodes, especially The Constant and the season finale. I'm anxious to watch the final two seasons even though I know full well that the general consensus on them is negative. Never trust Ben.

Dollhouse: Season One - Linzy and I watched the last couple episodes of this series sometime over the past few months but I forgot to mention it. Which is weird because we both really liked the series. I'm looking forward to season 2 coming out on DVD soon, and at the same time disappointed that it is the last season. Hopefully it will be fun while it lasts.

1 comment:

Bill Roehl said...

We absolutely loved Hot Tub Time Machine.