Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Orange

DSC_5876I've been planning to paint one of our bedrooms upstairs for weeks now, but haven't had the time before this weekend. Whenever I talked with anyone about it, and I mentioned we were painting the room orange I would always qualify it as a sort-of taupey orange, not pumpkin orange. This weekend I put two coats of the paint up, which took a lot longer then I was expecting to do by myself, only to discover that I was in fact lying. Because it is indeed pumpkin orange.

Oh, perhaps a paler orange than the pumpkin that we have on our front porch, but it is orange. And a far more bold color choice then you might be used to seeing in an Eck household. Still, I think it will work with the furniture that is coming for the room.

The unfortunate part is that either I am coming down with a nasty cold, or I'm allergic to Benjamin Moore paint, because ever since I put the first coat up I've been miserably sick. Runny nose, sneezing, coughing, etc. Hopefully by tomorrow it will have run its course and I can write it off as too much paint smell (although the paint was surprisingly non-odorous, especially for regular VOC paint).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color :) Very professional paint job.