Thursday, November 18, 2010

Much Improved

I had an appointment this morning so I drove in to work. The trip home was my first in rush hour since they finished the 35/62 crosstown project, and I was impressed by how nice it was. Over the past three years they've obviously been completing it a bit at a time but because of the lane closures and funky rerouting of traffic, traffic was actually worse or at best not any better. But now that everything is done, there were hardly any slowdowns even though I was leaving in prime rush hour. I imagine it will be even better once the HOV/MNPass lane opens up.

Obviously the bus drives on it every day, but I am officially immersed in my DS games at that point so I hadn't noticed the improvement. Interestingly because my normal bus home has shifted a bit later, even if the trip is faster I get home around the same time. Two steps forward, one step back.

No comments: