Monday, November 29, 2010

Thwarted

I've mentioned my love of Amazon many times, especially for the past few years when we've had Prime. The two day shipping on everything is great and makes all the difference in not wondering when something is finally going to show up. It's also fast enough that even with my impatience, I don't often succumb to the 'I need it now' impulse.

Anyways, one of the things that I like about Amazon with or without prime is their lack of screwing around when it comes to shipping stuff. No multi-day wait for processing, no 'billing information received' by the shipping company but yet no actual shipment, etc. You order it, they send it out. With Prime it's even more dramatic since there is no 'collecting' of orders into one shipment, stuff appears to go out asap.

Unfortunately this weekend that came around to bite me in the ass. We ordered some towel bars and other hardware for one of the extra bathrooms upstairs. After some debate about the color to get, we settled on one. After placing the order I was upstairs and looked at our other bathrooms (which each have different colors) and changed my mind on what color I wanted.

So I went downstairs, told Linzy I was changing the order, only to find out...it was already being prepared for shipping and couldn't be changed. I ordered it, they shipped it. Exactly what I normally want. Except when I don't.

2 comments:

Moe said...

If you are paying for Amazon Prime, you might be able to get it for free once the baby arrives. You can sign up for Amazon Mom (or Dad), which gives a free membership to Prime. I did that last month and love it.

Steve Eck said...

Interesting, I hadn't heard about Amazon Mom/Dad. Looks like it is free Amazon Prime for three months, extended based on the number of $25 purchases you make in the baby store. A good deal, although I am not sure I would cancel our Amazon Prime for it.

I should also note that trying the awesomeness of Amazon Prime is exactly what they want, you'll soon be hooked. As evidenced by the fact that there was literally no conversation about canceling this year when the renewal came up. It was a done deal: 'of course we'll keep Prime'.