Sunday, September 25, 2011

Temperature Change

DSC_8046I was copying pictures off the camera today for the first time in quite a while and discovered this picture from less than a month ago. Besides Elijah's hilariously suspicious expression, I thought it was interesting that just a month ago the weather was such that playing in the kiddie pool on the deck in shorts and a t-shirt was still appropriate.

Today, on the other hand, was nice for a bit while the sun was out but definitely felt like fall. I suppose the fact that I was in Nice two weeks ago and Atlanta last week didn't help make the transition from summer to fall less shocking.

For reference, the weather in Nice was as amazing as advertised despite mid-September being 'after' the peak summer holiday season. I could definitely get used to 75 and sunny every day. I have no idea what the weather was like in Atlanta because I literally did not go outside from the time I arrived on Monday to when I left on Thursday, which I am pretty sure is not healthy. Unfortunately since the summit took place in convention facilities attached to the hotel and the schedule went from 7am till about 12:30am every day, that left no free time.

Next week I'll continue to ensure that my body has no idea what season it is, with a trip to San Francisco. All things considered, it could be far, far worse.

2 comments:

Shake It Ang said...

That picture is so cute:)

Robin said...

What a pict! Adorable. love.